We believe that SKAO is a great place to work, offering our employees the opportunity to work in a diverse, international environment at the heart of an exciting and challenging project to design, build and operate the world’s largest radio telescope.
In addition to highly competitive salaries our employees benefit from:
- 30 days annual leave entitlement plus public holidays in country of employment;
- Option to purchase 5 additional days leave;
- Generous allocations for other periods of time off work such as parenting leave, career breaks etc.;
- Private Medical Insurance that provides cover for you and your family;
- Generous Pension starting at 0% employee contribution level and with competitive employer contributions from 12% up to 16% dependent on your elected contribution level;
- Our employees on international contracts of employment receive an additional 8% employer contribution to recognise the value of state pension contributions not being accrued in their home country;
- Annual pay review process;
- Employee assistance program to support you and your family with advice on topics such as finances, legal matters and counseling services;
- Group Income Protection – a percentage of your salary paid for up to 5 years if you become seriously ill;
- Group Life Insurance – a lump sum payment up to 3 times your annual salary during the time you are employed by SKAO;
- We offer a range of other benefits such as reimbursement or contribution towards professional membership fees, company funded social events and various discounts dependant on country of employment such as gym membership subsidies;
- Our employees on international contracts of employment will be entitled to claim the cost of an annual return flight to their home country for themselves and their dependants.